Thursday, January 21, 2010

Albow Gardens




On assignment for COLORS magazine I met this suave gentleman who was unpeturbed by the photographic process. I think my presence finally mitigated all the titivating, polishing and tattooing which he had been doing for the last 65 odd years.

In my rounds of the council housing estate I also spent time with a prostitute(see 'nails'). When I asked her to open the curtains she said that it was impossible as they were nailed to the window frame to ban the light. We got along pretty well.

A very young woman lived in a room adjacent to the lounge. I have the feeling that she was kept there as a sex worker, willing or unwilling.

He husband was 7 feet tall and the meanest motherfucker imaginable. He refused to have his photo taken, but was obviously not averse to spectators because he stripped on their lounge table at weekends for cash.

No comments: